|Customer Care Home|
|Protecting Your Information|
|CDIC Deposit Guarantee|
The Ten Principles of Privacy
Bridgewater Bank is responsible for the Personal Information under its control and will designate one or more persons to ensure organizational accountability for compliance with the Ten Principles of Privacy. All Bridgewater Bank employees are accountable for the protection of Customers’ Personal Information.
2. Identifying Purposes
Bridgewater Bank will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
Consent is required for Bridgewater Bank’s collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, except where required or permitted by PIPEDA or other law. In addition, when Customers apply for a product or service offered by Bridgewater Bank, consent is deemed to be granted. Express consent may be obtained verbally, in writing, or through electronic means. Alternatively, consent may be implied through the actions of Customers or continued use of a product or service following Bridgewater Bank notification of changes.
4. Limiting Collection
Personal information collected will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Bridgewater Bank.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Bridgewater Bank will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those for which the information was collected, except with the Customer's consent or as required by law. Bridgewater Bank will retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for collecting such information and compliance with any legal requirements. Bridgewater Bank employs retention standards that meet these requirements. Bridgewater Bank will destroy Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Personal Information will be maintained by Bridgewater Bank in an accurate, complete and up-to-date format as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was collected and is to be used.
Bridgewater Bank will protect Personal Information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such information.
Bridgewater Bank will make readily available its policies and practices relating to the collection and management of Personal Information.
9. Customer Access
Bridgewater Bank will inform Customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their Personal Information and will provide access to their personal information, subject to any legal restrictions. Bridgewater Bank may require written request for access to Personal Information and in most cases will respond within thirty days of receipt of such requests. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information, and may request the Personal Information be corrected or updated, if appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance
What Types of Personal Information May be Collected and Used
In providing services to Customers, Bridgewater Bank may need to collect Personal Information. In most cases, consent to do so is granted by the Customer when applying for a product or service. Depending on the product or service being requested, the following Personal Information may be collected from any source. This is not an exhaustive list.
• Identification information such as name and date of birth;
• Contact information such as your name, address and personal home numbers;
• Documents to verify your identity such as a driver's license, passport or utility bill;
• Current financial figures such as annual income, assets, liabilities and credit history;
• Health information if a customer would like to apply for certain insurance products;
• Information on third parties such as a spouse or children;
• Information about authorized persons when dealing with a legal entity such as a corporation;
• Social Insurance Number ("SIN") when a customer opens an interest bearing account, or if the
customer consents to the use of the SIN to verify and report credit information to credit bureaus and
credit reporting agencies;
Bridgewater Bank may monitor and record telephone calls between you and our representatives to ensure
service quality and security and to confirm our discussions with you.
Why Bridgewater Bank Collects Personal Information
Bridgewater Bank is committed to providing innovative financial products and services. Customers may request or apply for new products or services, or require these services provided by Bridgewater Bank be maintained (collectively the "Services"). Bridgewater Bank collects and uses Personal Information for the purpose of providing its Services.
Bridgewater Bank may review and analyze Personal Information which is provided by or collected about the customer for the following purposes:
• Verify Customer identity;
• Check and verify employment;
• Obtain a credit report and exchange information with a credit bureau;
• Understand Customer needs;
• Determine the suitability and eligibility of Services to the Customer;
• Send Customers information about products and services;
• Set up and manage services;
• Provide Services on an ongoing basis;
• Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
• Manage and assess our risks and to prevent or detect fraud or criminal activity.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
While providing Services, Bridgewater Bank may:
• Disclose to credit bureaus or financial services industry databases, credit and other information about Customers in order to determine the Customer's eligibility for Services.
• Contract with certain service providers and investors approved by Bridgewater Bank and allow them to access Personal Information. All third parties who may have access to Personal Information are bound by strict contractual obligations designed to protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
• Share Personal Information with Bridgewater Bank's sole parent company and its affiliates who may use such Personal Information as permitted by law and their privacy policies.
• Disclose your personal information to the Canada Revenue Agency or other authority as required by statute or by court order, or as may be permitted by PIPEDA.
Your Personal Information Is Used for Proper Purposes Only
Refusing or Withdrawing Consent
Subject to some restrictions, Customers can at anytime refuse to consent, or continue to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of their Personal Information by notifying Bridgewater Bank. Withdrawal of consent may impact Bridgewater Bank's ability to provide or continue to provide Services. Customers cannot refuse collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Information if such Personal Information is required to:
• Fulfill the terms of any contractual agreement made by the Customer;
• Be collected, used or disclosed as required by any law; or
• Be collected, used or disclosed as required by any regulators, including self regulatory organizations.
Questions, Complaints And Access
If you need to update or correct your address, phone number or payment information please contact the Bridgewater Bank Customer Experience Department at 1-888-837-2326. If you wish to make an access to information request to view your Personal Information, or if you have questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact the following in writing:
Suite 150, 926 – 5th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 0N7
Tel: (403) 410-1358 or 1-866-243-4308
Fax: (403) 410-1374
If your concern or complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction please contact:
Bridgewater Bank Ombudsman
P.O. Box 8180, 10310 GA MacDonald Ave
Edmonton, AB T6H 5X9
Toll Free: 1 855 330-5580
If the above steps fail to resolve your concern you may also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:
Place de Ville
112 Kent Street, 3rd Floor
Call toll free at 1 800 282-1376
Bridgewater Bank may charge, in accordance with applicable laws, a reasonable fee for access to Personal Information and for providing copies of Personal Information requested.
You acknowledge that we may amend this agreement from time to time to take into consideration changes in legislation or other issues that may arise. We will post the revised agreement at www.bridgewaterbank.ca/ and may make printed copies available.
To view the Credit Card Privacy Statement please click here